[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Cards

Richard Nelson richard.nelson at eng.monash.edu.au
Tue Oct 23 15:26:46 EST 2001

Thats 20dBm + 32dBi = 52dBm, probably more like 49dB with connector
losses.  49dBm is 79 Watts or about 10% of the power of a typical
microwave oven.  I wouldn't stand in front of it.  It would be Ok for
thawing sausages, but not cooking them.

Oh yeah, definitely illegal.  Don't point it at anyone who might notice
and complain.

Richard.

PS where'd you get the 32 dBi parabolic?