[MLB-WIRELESS] Finally on the air...

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Mon Oct 22 13:06:20 EST 2001

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Drew wrote:

> how did it go?

Well, with a D-Link PCI board in my OpenBSD firewall and D-Link PCMCIA
board in my notebook, things seem to work pretty well around the house.

Range is somewhat limited though (cards are unmodified, no external
antennae) and I don't think people walking past my house are going to get
great service.

If there is anyone actually in my area who wants to play with longer
distance links I'll get some more gear and do some mods...

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201