[MLB-WIRELESS] hello

Matthew Vella mvella at flexsoft.com.au
Wed Oct 10 21:01:06 EST 2001

IMHO, if you will be able to afford the 802.11a stuff when it first comes
out, then you can afford to buy 802.11b now, and replace it (IOW, money
don't matter much to you :-) when 802.11a comes out (donating your 802.11b
stuff to your friendly MLB-WIRELESS group, perhaps :-).

If, however, like most of us you can't afford such lavishes, then I suspect
802.11b is going to be the only affordable thing for some time to come - how
long was 802.11b out before it became "affordable"?

Besides, for surfing the net 11Mb/s is heaps (how fast is your 'net
connection??? - even driving the desktop machine with VNC isn't too bad over
11Mb/s!)

Matt.

PS. Welcome to the group.