[MLB-WIRELESS] From Slashdot

Allan Langford allanlangford at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 12:18:09 EST 2001

Its agenst the law to even put a cable over the fence
to your next door neighbour! even if both of you agree
unless your austel licensed even then thay can still
screw you around its basicly an old law to stop people
from running there own utility cables in the days when
there was only telecom! and after seeing how telstra
runs cables draped over electric fences and thru the
grass you have to wonder who should be outlawed! (i
was driven a tractor at the time and it took me an
hour to unravel about 1km of 4strand copper from the
slasher!

-- Drew <drish at bigpond.net.au> wrote: > i actually
read a newsgroup thread a few days ago
> about a guy in oz who did
> a commando ethernet laying mission through his
> neighbors backyards with a V
> cutter to he could network with his friend on the
> other side of the block.
> then someone else wanted in, so they ran it through
> a drainage tube and up a
> telephone pole, across the street, and back down
> again. said it was
> operational for months until a utility worker cut
> the line. crazy.

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!