[MLB-WIRELESS] Proposed cabling/connectors: Opinions wanted!

Ben Ryan ben at bssc.edu.au
Mon Oct 8 02:08:42 EST 2001

hey all..

i'm new to the group. greetz to all you others out there into guerilla
radio :)

looking for a general consensus wrt cabling and connectors.
After some homework I came up with the following (having rewritten
this mail and answered lots of my own questions)

got some 2.4ghz ISM gear and some associated h/w. It's a jungle of TNC
reverse polarity, N connectors, lmr400, rg178, mmcx.. ugh.
I want to simplify and standardize from radio module to antenna with
common and well-performing connectors (and cable of course).

Finding local and well-priced connectors is another thing.
Came across www.rojone.com.au    these guys ok, any other crowds
supplying this gear in .au worth looking at?

pigtail: (radio module)MMCX-Socket > MMCX-RA-Plug ..RG178.. to bulkhead TNC jack
==RG178 (loss/100m at 3ghz 76db)

cable run: TNC plug (inline) ..LMR400.. N plug (inline)
antenna: N jack (inline) ..LMR400ULTRA.. internal

PIGTAIL
-------
Rojone PN: CA-013-31-B-24-R-10.5
013=RG178
31=MMCX
B=RA Crimped
24=TNC
R=solder bulkhead jack
10.5=10.5cm

[alternate quote]
Rojone PN: CA-013-31-B-25-G-10.5
25=TNC commercial
G=crimp flange jack

CABLE RUN
----------
5 metres LMR400
5 metres LMR400-ULTRA
TNC Plug (inline) to suit LMR400 (non-crimp type please if avail.)
N plug (inline) to suit LMR400 (solder/clamp type)

ANTENNA
--------
N socket/jack (inline) to suit LMR400 (solder/clamp type)

Does that all look OK?
Any issues with that WRT connector choice, availability, cable choice,
etc?

cheers

ben