[MLB-WIRELESS] [proposal] IP allocation (was: DNS, DHCP, stat ic ip... )

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 07:50:36 EST 2001

> Aounds pretty good.  However, I'd also look at making provisions for IP
> tunneling wormholes, especially since Linux supports basic (unencrypted) IP
> encapsulation out of the box and there's a whole swag of VPN software out
> there (CIPE has some useful attributes for this sort of wormholing :) ).

may i suggest using SecNet instead, it multiplatform and used SSH keys for
simple key exchange... it very configurable and has been very reliable.

<http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~secnet/>

i have been talking with some of the guys that are developing it and
it has some very cool features. it is effectively a secure tunnel server
and software router with route checking/authorisation .... its good.

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     | "I'm moving to Theory -  |