[MLB-WIRELESS] Working group question.. Re: [proposal] IP

Matthew Boyd Matthew.C.Boyd at uts.edu.au
Thu Nov 22 01:11:38 EST 2001

Most of this is over my head. Would it be an idea for the guys with the
network eng exp to get together are work out a scheme to take care of
routing dns etc?

Maybe people could post ideas about what they want the routing / dns to
be able to do and the network engineers could tell us how that
could/couldn't be done.

This would give us an idea of what hardware people who will contribute
to the backbone will need to have to run the software that will do the
routing/dns/etc as well as where antennas need to be pointed to get
whatever updates are needed to the network status.

The working group could let the list know roughly how things will work
and then we could comment on various bits of this.

There are probably people working on this already. Sorry if I'm poking
my nose into network stuff that I'm a bit clueless about.

Matt

Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] [proposal] IP allocation (was: DNS, DHCP,
static  ip... )