[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS, DHCP, static ip...

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Tue Nov 20 10:59:57 EST 2001

> consume has a similar system, the list maintainer updates the file
> as folks request a new network range.

Well, we do need some form of central administration.  We need to have
central management of things like address space and internal subdomains, so
the network can grow in an orderley fashion and not fall over itself.

The examples given below would probably work well, and are analogous to
addressing achemes used in the past for networks such as Fidonet, which used
to do a similar division for the Fidonet net numbers.

> but its entirely up to you... its a good place to start,
> especially if one or two people start to admin the list of IPs
> and networks... you need to keep it consistent.

Agreed, that scheme is an excellent starting point.