[MLB-WIRELESS] Linux Installfest 2001

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Nov 14 11:48:07 EST 2001

> If anyone is interested, the Linux Users of Victoria group is
> holding an
> installfest in Melbourne on Sunday, November 4. If anyone is

Umm, does anyone have a time machine I can borrow? ;)  Or is this a few
years in the future - real advance notice (just trying to work out when the
4th is a Sunday ;) ).

Hehehe, just nit picking - thought u guys were supposed to proof read. ;)

You make a good case for attending an installfest.  I learnt Linux the hard
way - a mate and I decided to setup a small dialin server some 6 years ago,
and on the reccommendation of people in the know, we decided to use Linux.

One day, he rocks up with a server (486! :) ) and a Linux CD and says "I
can't get this going, reckon you can"?  I got it installed in a couple of
hours, after a couple of false starts, and had a workable system in a few
weeks. :-)

> More information at http://www.luv.asn.au/if
> Also, once things settle, is it worthwhile melbwireless
> approaching groups
> such as LUV to give wireless talks and attend installfests as
> another "open
> source" community?

Sounds like a good idea.  Wireless is going to be a growing part of the
Linux community.  And it might be the way some of us get to _see_ wireless
in action for a little while. :)