[MLB-WIRELESS] What do people want to do with the wireless connection?

Giles Pollock glp71s at MailAndNews.com
Tue Nov 13 17:01:01 EST 2001

I noticed when i used bridging from the li à  nux kernel in my home lan that atraffic destined for the computer acting as the bridge was not re broadcasted
by the other interfaces in the bridge...

Also, whats going to happen with IP allocations for those hooking up to the
main WAN? is it going to be static or dynamic and are there going to be name
servers for those who dont like typing in ips to their web browsers to access
other people on the WAN? static ips would be useful for people who wanted to
run servers with domain names (say for example, instead of using
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to access a server, have http://wireless.blah.vic or
something like that). Would we be using private network ips? (192.168.xxx.xxx)
or public ones? I think either way we would need someone to run a central
server to act as DNS/DHCP server

(Anyone know of an ip block we could use?)