[MLB-WIRELESS] node editing ... finally

Drew drew at no6.com
Fri Nov 9 06:23:53 EST 2001

yeah, i know. unfortunately it all comes down to IE sucking. theres a
character limit in IE urls, so instead of just displaying images off the
remote server, and allowing all the panning and zooming you want, we
have to pick several zooms, and save them locally, and display with
short urls. if we downloaded every possible view, it would take too long
to update, and the bandwidth used would be too great. this could all be
remedied by running our own map server, but i have yet to find one that
i can get to work with either dgn or shapefiles.