[MLB-WIRELESS] Prism2 driver problems...

Jason Jordan jas at pcguru.com.au
Wed Nov 7 22:40:30 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:54:48 +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:

SH> [root at router sysconfig]# /etc/init.d/pcmcia start
SH> Starting PCMCIA services:
SH> modules/lib/modules/2.4.13-ac5/pcmcia/i82365.o:
SH> init_module: No such device
SH> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
SH> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
SH> /lib/modules/2.4.13-ac5/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module: Operation not
SH> permitted
SH> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
SH> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters cardmgr.

Ok, YMMV but mine was failing exactly like this using a VP6
motherboard.  I suspected the PCI holster didn't like sharing
interrupts so I gave it a slot without a shared IRQ.

Then I modified /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia with this line
PCIC_OPTS="irq_mode=0 pci_csc=0" and it all
started working.

--
cheers, jas
.. something witty - and in Latin.