[MLB-WIRELESS] Prism2 driver problems...

Ben Ryan ben at bssc.edu.au
Wed Nov 7 22:07:15 EST 2001

> After getting the prism2 package at: http://www.epitest.fi/Prism2 and after
> installing it all, I get the following error:

> [root at router sysconfig]# /etc/init.d/pcmcia start
> Starting PCMCIA services: modules/lib/modules/2.4.13-ac5/pcmcia/i82365.o:
> init_module: No such device
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
> invalid IO or IRQ parameters
> /lib/modules/2.4.13-ac5/pcmcia/ds.o: init_module: Operation not permitted
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
> invalid IO or IRQ parameters
>  cardmgr.

> any ideas what's wrong? how can I pass the arguements that it aparantly
> requires?

in this case, i don't think the pcmcia modules require any parameters.
stuff like ISA SB16 requires IOBA, IRQ, DMA parameters to be passed
on. not too hard to change, but not required AFAIK for pcmcia
controller modules.

Try this, seems to be a good start:
http://www.komacke.com/archive/rl2-library/2000-08/0106.html

so I don't think it's anything to do with your WLAN NIC. Seems PCMCIA
isn't being init'd.

hth.