[MLB-WIRELESS] Suggestion

Clae clae13 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 23:24:31 EST 2001

hey, who needs a hard drive?

http://www.linuxrouter.org/

 Linux Router Project (LRP) n.
 A networking-centric micro-distribution of Linux.

 LRP is small enough to fit on a single 1.44MB floppy disk, and makes
 building and maintaining routers, access servers, thin servers, thin clients,
 network appliances, and typically embedded systems next to trivial.

There are other similar distros - has anyone had experience using one of these?

Clae.

>-->"Chris" == Chris Hocking <hocking at planet.net.au> writes:
>
>  Chris> All you need to do is put a power supply, motherboard (with a
>  Chris> few cards in it), and a small 200MB harddrive in a box (not
///
>well, i'd rather put the box on the mast and run ether to my switch
>than run RF cabling for 25m.  decent coax is *not* cheap.  and if i
>can get away with not having a spinning disc and a fan, i'd be happier
>still.
///