[MLB-WIRELESS] Suggestion

Chris Hocking hocking at planet.net.au
Fri Nov 2 16:34:46 EST 2001

Dear Melbourne Wireless Group,

I have a suggestion. This is the first time I have submitted to the list so
if the idea sucks - please tell me.

How about you make a package for people to buy. Say a begineers package
that contains cable, a Linux Box, ariel, etc. The Box can just be a crappy
486DX2 or something, with a small 100MB harddrive with Linux installed on
it. Then have a ethernet card so you can plug it into your local lan. Give
it a IP that you cannot change (e.g 10.0.0.1). Then put the computers
contents (motherboard, etc.) into a real box so it looks like something
other than a computer. Make it so you can attach it to inside your roof or
something. Have 3 outputs out of the box: ethernet, ariel, power.

That way the user can pay say $200, and just put the ariel on his roof,
give power to the box, connect the box to his local lan and he is away!

Sound good?

Send us your ideas, suggestions, etc.

From,
Chris Hocking