[MLB-WIRELESS] "Heres the plan"

David Arnold arnold at dstc.monash.edu.au
Thu Nov 1 11:18:42 EST 2001

-->"Luke" == Luke  <lrich at ruralnet.net.au> writes:

so, network looks like

--(ADSL)--[     ]                                        [     ]
          [linux]--(cisco)--<  >--[rg1k]--<  >--(cisco)--[linux]-(ether)-
--(ether)-[     ]                                        [     ]

  Luke> Now will the 1000 let me see the dsl as though im there or is
  Luke> there routing issues?

since the rg1k is a bridge, you can consider the wireless link like an
ethernet.

your linux box will need a static default route via the cisco card,
and a network route for your home network via the wired ether card
(i'm assuming you're gaming, etc, via a LAN).

his linux box will need several routes: one for your network, via your
linux box's cisco card's IP.  one for the wireless network, via his
cisco card.  one for his LAN via his wired ether.  and a default route
via the PPPoE ADSL link.

so you'll need to pick 3 address ranges (your local, his local,
wireless) and number interfaces accordingly.

  Luke> Having the 1000 in the middle stops me from using its nat to
  Luke> hide multiple ip addresses from tel$tra, so can I use another
  Luke> linux box to do that?  Will nat achieve what I want?

his linux box can do masquerading NAT on the PPPoE link.