[MLB-WIRELESS] linux expert help needed

Shane Chubb s.chubb at tronics.com.au
Mon Dec 10 09:01:05 EST 2001

I have been trying now for some months to setup a Proxim Rangelan2 7400
PCMCIA card on my laptop at home under Linux, however I have been unable
to get the driver to compile.  No matter how many posts I send to the
driver mailing list they seem to find a nice fat black hole.

Has anyone set one of these up and got it to work here?  If I can get it
going I have a sat dish and need only buy the pigtail and cabling to get
a node up and running.

I live in Craigieburn so this would extend the melbwireless node group
well I feel and is worth my efforts.

Oh BTW I re-installed Win2K last night in a desperate attempt and the
card does work fine.  Meaning my compile errors are caused by stupid
user syndrome.

If someone can help, I would be gratefull and even willing to offer
shell access to the box if needed (to assist with building driver from
afar).

In desperation

Shane Chubb
Systems Administrator