[MLB-WIRELESS] 54MBit Wireless

Daniel Studds foch at optushome.com.au
Wed Aug 29 23:05:57 EST 2001

AFAIK, the 54Mbit cards operate at 5Ghz which according to my limited
understanding of the behavior of electromagnetic radiation will
accentuate the negative effected of obstructions between the two cards,
which may make them less suitable for our purposes.
Just thought I'd throw that on the pile so the radio guys can
confirm/deny.

I found out some info about what equipment my school is going to use for
its new 54MBit wireless LAN, its hardware from Cabletron(sp?) in the
USA, and its being implemented my a company called TeleIT(i think) from
Mulgrave, thats all the infomation i could find out for you guys how
wanted to know, if i discover anything else i will let you know.

Mitch