[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: random stuff... was: hardware database online

korg at darkqueen.org korg at darkqueen.org
Mon Aug 27 17:40:26 EST 2001

"Matthew Vella" writes In message <0dd701c12ec5$f5069990$0101a8c0 at flexsoft.com.
au>:

  | But choosing a programming language always was a very personal thing :-)

Did I mention that python is available in 'compiles to
java bytecodes' and 'totally written in java' flavors too :) :).

As to network code...  I did a quick search and came up
with this.. I'm not sure how helpful it will be:

  http://lib.daemon.am/Books/BGNET/html/

(google.com & search for    select bind listen -perl -python AF_INET)

The page:

  http://lib.daemon.am/Books/BGNET/html/advanced.html

has stuff on select and previous pages talk about opening
sockets etc.

Python network code. An example ~20 line 'dumb' client/server code is
availabe at:

  http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/socket-example.html

Naturally if you were doing anything serious, you'd be using
select too.

enjoy,
cam

--