[MLB-WIRELESS] propaganda squad

Adam Burns vortex at free2air.net
Tue Aug 21 22:22:08 EST 2001

On Tuesday 21 August 2001 12:19 am, Connections Consulting wrote:

> I heard today, at a comms group meeting that I will be regularily
> attending, (rather disturbingly infact) that we *may* have a problem,
> under the telecommunications act about "linking dissimilar groups
> together for profit" without a carrier licence (of which there are 70
or
> so in the wild at the moment).
>
> Ok this is the commercial side but for non profit ??? Who knows, I am
> getting a copy of the comms act and will digest it (maybee with a nice
> marinara, some cab-merlot and crème caramel with a nice botritis for
> desert !) and get back to this thread with the info when I interpret
it
> (or go crazy....)

http://www.free2air.org & http://www.consume.net investigated similar
regulations in the UK. Consume especially being a loosely knit
not-for-profit
non-existant legal entity. After liaison with some people from the RA,
it
turns out that we have their blessing (just don't go over the maximum
unlicenced EIRP). Human contact with interested people in the regulatory
body
makes all the difference.

.vortex

free2air.org