[MLB-WIRELESS] Prices for Wireless cards.

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Tue Aug 21 15:51:47 EST 2001

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Ernie wrote:

> The Alloy cards use the Prism II chipset as far as i've been told.
They
> won't tell me what they are rebadged.
> They say they are compatable with about 85% of the cards on the
market.
> If someone recognises the shape, this might be a giveaway.  They have
Linux
> drivers, OpenBSD is still proposed as far as they can tell.

Cool.  From OpenBSD's wi(4) manpage:

"The wi driver provides support for PCMCIA adapters based on the
Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE (aka WaveLAN II) and Intersil PRISM-II"

So I guess they'll work, and should also work with NetBSD/FreeBSD and
Linux.  Of course, you'd have to test them to make sure...

Thanks,

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:
http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201