[kernel-xen] xen4.5 testing

Glenn Enright glenn at rimuhosting.com
Fri May 29 09:52:14 AEST 2015

Happy to contribute more time to do testing.

Before we promote your packages to our internal repo, amid other things
we run a function that tests the basic xl features (in our environment)
like start, stop, suspend, etc. And we test deployment (which includes
verifying the init scripts we want are on)

If you have a checklist needed to get into stable, or need a hand
creating a list of those reqs (even just a short list for now) lets do
that? Could any of this be added to your build process?

eg:
package installs on $distro
package deps are ok
package install sets up boot loader correctly
xen boots (on $x hardware?)
xencommons services started on boot
vm creation works
vm suspend works
vm unsuspend works
vm shutdown/poweroff works
vm destroy works
etc

Peter has said we have resources to contribute, if you need anything.
Also, any news on a more recent longterm kernel being available even in
testing? Keen on a 3.18 if possible.

Regards, Glenn
http://rimuhosting.com
See more on our other services at http://ri.mu