[kernel-xen] kernel 3.14.29-1.el6xen.x86_64 reboots

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Jan 30 11:32:46 AEDT 2015

On 30/01/2015 11:25 AM, Glenn Enright wrote:
> Seeing a few random hard reboots on the latest kernel on my test
> machine. I reverted back to 3.14.26 and the issue went away.
>
> Its been hard to pin down the exact issue, but looks like it may occur
> at the same time a copy off an lvm snapshot occurs. kernel log is empty
> so no logs from a crash. And I havent been able to grab console output yet.
>
> Is anyone else seeing something like this?

I've seen random issues with 3.14.29 - it seems something between
3.14.28 and 3.14.29 changed with USB and causes a panic on start.

I've taken 3.14.29 off the mirrors as of yesterday morning - so you
shouldn't get this kernel as an upgrade.

3.14.30 still has USB errors - but it doesn't cause a kernel panic. If
you use it on the Dom0, you may not be able to use USB keyboards etc. If
you just use network access / serial console, it should be fine.

The latest kernel that works perfectly is 3.14.28. I am hoping that
3.14.31 resolves these issues completely - however that's something for
the kernel-devel mailing list :)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au