[kernel-xen] UEFI hardware wanted

Colin Durrant colin at colins-it.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 19:23:53 AEDT 2015

Hi

Yes I had some major issues with UEFI. I got everything working but not on
the Xen kernel but I somehow got it all working on KVM qemu.

Are there any particular issues with using this environment?

Quick question as a side track. If you over allocate memory and processors
to your actual virtual machines, do this have an adverse performance
implication? I know if doesn¹t from a processor point as far as I am aware
but unlike citrix Xen server it lets you allocate as much memory as you
like per VM?

>From what I have discovered the IBM hardware we are using is all UEFI
based. Secondly, we have an IBM 3750 server and it didn¹t support Citrix
Xenserver 6.2 - we have to run 6.1 which I thought was a little odd.

Thanks

Colin.

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security - www.maildefender.net