[kernel-xen] Xen 4.5.0 packages for EL7 available for testing.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sun Feb 1 21:22:43 AEDT 2015

On 01/02/15 17:12, Steven Haigh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just putting some finishing touches to some packages for Xen 4.5.0
> that *should* work on EL7 (it builds at least).
>
> They should appear shortly at:
> 	http://au1.mirror.crc.id.au/repo/el7-testing/
>
> The rest of the mirrors should follow in due time.
>
> I don't have a test system to play with these right now - but I'm
> working on making it build for both EL6 and EL7.
>
> It uses systemd instead of the older sysv init scripts to start up - and
> hopefully it should work.
>
> Feedback is welcome - and hopefully positive.
>
> Please use the bug tracker to report bugs against these packages to
> allow me to track fixes properly:
> 	http://xen.crc.id.au/bugs
>
> There is quite a few changes under the hood - and hopefully I'll be able
> to build test packages for EL6 in the near future.
>
> My current thought is to allow a seamless upgrade from the current 4.4
> packages to 4.5 - however much further testing is required for this.
>
> Current changelog:
> * Sun Feb 01 2015 Steven Haigh <netwiz at crc.id.au> - 4.5.0-0.1
> - Initial import to build for EL7
> - Initial changes to build for EL6
> - Import seabios v1.7.5.2 for initial builds
> - Change ipxe to use tarball instead of remote git checkout

Further news, I've just pushed a kernel that should work with EL7 to the
el7-testing repo. None of these have been tested past the 'it builds and
packages' stage - so feedback is welcome.

I'm waiting on some hardware to turn up to be able to test some things
locally - but it might not be for a little while...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au