[kernel-xen] IMA in kernel-xen

Adi Pircalabu adi at ddns.com.au
Wed Dec 9 12:23:04 AEDT 2015

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 11:55:09 +1100
Steven Haigh wrote:

> On 2015-12-01 21:11, Steven Haigh wrote:
> > On 1/12/2015 3:11 PM, Glenn Enright wrote:
> >> Hi all
> >>
> >> I've raised a bug report about having CONFIG_IMA disabled in
> >> kernel-xen
> >> packages. Does anyone have any constructive comments either way, or
> >> notes about how they actually use that option?
> >>
> >> http://xen.crc.id.au/bugs/view.php?id=64
> >
> > I would also like to know if anyone uses either AMI or the TPM
> > modules within the Xen Dom0 and how they are utilised etc....
>
> Hi all,
>
> It's been just over a week with no feedback from the list on this. Is
> there any strong feelings one way or another on this?

Hi Glenn, Steven,

I'd rather leave the existing kernel-xen packages configuration as is
and build a different set of kernel packages with these features
disabled, named e.g. "kernel-xen-noima" that can be installed along
with the existing ones. These packages would follow the same version of
kernel-xen packages and would be built at the same time.
Of course these's development, testing as well as ongoing
maintenance effort involved in this due to modifying the build
environment, maintaining different spec files, testing and so on. The
kernel-xen SRPMs are available on the crc.id.au mirrors, so I can't see
any technical reason why this couldn't be done by someone with the
skills set and enough spare time.

--
Adi Pircalabu