[kernel-xen] 3.18 kernel for blk-mq (and other features)

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Apr 21 16:39:27 AEST 2015

On 21/04/2015 1:21 PM, Glenn Enright wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Would it be possible to get a 3.18 kernel (latest longterm) into your
> testing repo please? There seem to be a lot of io related features (eg
> blk-mq) added to that which are very attractive for a VM host.
>
> I know 4.0 is just out and is not a long term release, but if you want
> to build that instead we would be happy to test it out also :).

I'm still mulling over the changes to see if its worthwhile switching
the branch from 3.14 to 3.18.

The joys of the current release system of the linux kernel is that we
now have 7 'long term' streams on which to keep up to date with.
Obviously, that's pretty impractical.

3.14 was the stable long term I chose early on - but I'm happy to get
feedback into the proposal to change this to the 3.18 branch by members
of this list. After all, it does affect everyone using my packages.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au