[kernel-xen] 4.4.1 boot errors

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Sep 5 12:50:14 EST 2014

On 5/09/2014 4:25 AM, Steve Freitas wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Just installed a fresh CentOS 6.5 system, installed xen 4.2 according to
> the instructions on your site, then installed the 4.4.1 packages.
> (Though the errors below were present for 4.2, as well.) There are no
> VMs set up presently. Here's a snippet:
>
> Mounting filesystems:                                      [  OK  ]
> Retrigger failed udev events                               [  OK  ]
> Starting sshd:                                             [  OK  ]
> Starting C xenstored...
> Setting domain 0 name and domid...
> Starting xenconsoled...
> Starting QEMU as disk backend for dom0
> Starting postfix:                                          [  OK  ]
> Starting crond:                                            [  OK  ]
> awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/etc/xen/auto/*' for reading
> (No such file or directory)
> Starting Xen auto domain :  (Skipped - Already running)
>
> Thought you'd want to know.

Ahh yeah - that'd happen if the directory was empty... I'll take a look
at that... There are some changes to a few init scripts that I'm looking
at doing soon - such as cleaning up old xm stuff that doesn't exist in
4.4 anymore to try and simplify things somewhat.

If you can lodge this in the bug tracker, it'll remind me when I come
around to doing those changes...

http://xen.crc.id.au/bugs

--
Steven Haigh