[kernel-xen] xen-pciback in 3.9.x

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Sun May 12 20:42:45 EST 2013

On 05/12/2013 11:30 AM, povder wrote:
>> What exactly are you trying to do, how are you attempting to do it, what is the failure mode you see?
>>
>> I use xen-pciback as a module and have no issues with it.
>

> My system configuration relies on xen-pciback compiled into kernel,
> please read a thread I linked in my previous e-mail.

I did, and it contains no details about your system configuration at all.

> I can change the
> configuration but xen-pciback was always compiled into kernel in
> kernel-xen and I believe change in config was unintentional.

Perhaps, but it has been a module in at least the last 3-4 releases
(since I started using it).

My point is that the chances are that the problem you are having should
be fixable without changing the kernel build configuration.

If modprobing xen-pciback causes a hang, what parameters are you passing
it? Do you have anything referring to xen-pciback in /etc/modprobe.d or
on your kernel command line? Did you black list all the drivers
controlling the physical devices you intend to pass through, and have
you verified those devices are not loaded?

Gordan