[kernel-xen] kernel-xen-3.8.10-1 & xen-4.2.2-3 released

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat May 4 19:30:36 EST 2013

On 4/05/2013 7:23 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 05/04/2013 10:18 AM, Steven Haigh wrote:

>>> I'm using xend.

>>> I haven't tried - the only DomU I have on the test box is the one where
>>> I'm testing VGA passthrough and that is still not working at all (BSODs
>>> on startup).
>>
>> Hmm - does it give you any funky output in 'xm list'?
>
> [root at normandy ~]# xm list
> Name                            ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
> Domain-0                         0 48378    24     r-----    410.4
> edi                                 8192     8                 0.0
> [root at normandy ~]#

Hmmm - did you create the config with 'xm new' for this or some other
way? Normally, the entry for the DomU should disappear when it is shut down.

It looks like the values for 'edi' exist in the xenstore - which is not
really what we want. Ideally, the config should be in a plain text file
in /etc/xen - then linked to (or move the file) to /etc/xen/auto if you
want it to start on boot.

The 'xm new' command is depreciated and doesn't exist with xl - which
will be the replacement for xm in newer xen versions.

> Ah, OK - I now tweaked this down to 30 from 300. I never actually waited
> as long as 5 minutes for it to shut down since the machine normally
> shuts down in only a few seconds (joys of NFS root backed by a machine
> with tons of RAM).

I still have my Dom0's set to 300 seconds. The systems usually shutdown
within 30 seconds - but really this is a fail safe against having a
stuck machine.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au