[kernel-xen] PC2-5300 FB DIMMS Required

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sat Mar 23 13:05:35 EST 2013

Hi all,

The main build server and hosting server as well as the au1 mirror has
had some sticks of RAM fail.

Before I try hunting down some RAM on eBay etc, I was wondering if
anyone had some kicking around they are not using...

The specs required are:
* The System x3650 server supports a maximum of 48 GB of system memory
by adding a 4 GB FB DIMM in each of the twelve DIMM slots
* The server supports 512 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB PC2-5300 DDR2 fully
buffered DIMMs (FBD)
* Memory must be installed in matching pairs.

I believe the stick (or possibly two) that failed are 1Gb sticks.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: https://www.crc.id.au