[kernel-xen] balloon messages from latest kernel-xen

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Mar 22 12:16:52 EST 2013

On 22/03/13 08:20, Glenn Enright wrote:
> Just following up on this, I ended up using a workaround with
> "dom0_mem=599M,max:600M" That gives me all the allocated RAM and only
> slightly less than maximum in action. And no error messages in the
> kernel. It also means I don't need to mess with proc values later in the
> boot process :).

I'm a little curious here... What did 'xm info' show during this? While
the Dom0 kernel may have reported different memory mappings, all your
RAM should be visible.

Depending on the effect of this, it may be worth posting this on the
xen-devel list to get feedback from them. Personally, I don't use memory
ballooning as it is not in most peoples interest to use it - however it
can have its benefits (although RAM is cheap and these are slowly
becoming moot points).

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au