[kernel-xen] xen-pciback in 3.8.x - Also Too many frags error

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Mar 8 09:11:24 EST 2013

On 8/03/2013 12:57 AM, Rob Lazzurs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First off sorry for breaking the thread but I have only just joined the
> list.
>
> We are experiencing this issue with the latest Xen kernels and have
> tried turning off offloading on the interface and we are still seeing
> the errors described in this thread.
>
> Has anyone else here found any other solutions OR could we get the
> RPMs/SRPMs for the older kernels so we can run those for now?

Hi Rob,

Reports say this has been happening since before 3.7.9 - so I'm not sure
when this fault actually occurred.

The people who fixed the issue did so by disabling all offloading in the
DomU (eth0) and on xenbr0 (the bridge on the Dom0).

It may also have something to do with the network adapter. One report
was a realtek adapter present in the machine caused it to happen.
Changing this Ethernet adapter to an Intel desktop adapter and the
problems went away...

As such, I'm not quite sure if there is a silver-bullet fix at the
moment. It seems to be that the problem always existed, however the
patch for XSA-39 to prevent a DoS caused it to become apparent - ie shut
down the interface.

This thread seems to have some movement - but not a great deal of info
quite yet:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg00404.html

I'd suggest you post there as well.

--