[kernel-xen] The crc.id.au is down.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Thu Mar 7 23:56:05 EST 2013

On 7/03/2013 8:22 PM, Yuriy Kohut wrote:
> Hi, It seems the crc.id.au is down.
>
> Could you please put the VM live.

Yeah, well. We had fun today. There was a major fibre outage that killed
a lot of traffic between Melbourne and Sydney. This caused our layer3
connectivity to the world to die. It also caused our RIP advertisement
to our upstream to die - meaning not only did the server become
unreachable, but the entire network went off air.

While the servers etc were still running and humming away, nothing was
reachable via the network.

Good news is that the telco has fixed the cut fibre and all is back up
and running again.

The mirrors would still be working - however the mirrorlist wasn't
reachable - meaning you may have been needed to alter the repo file for
any updates (which couldn't be built do to lack of access to the build
servers) ;)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au