[kernel-xen] Maximum number of CPUs set into 16 (CONFIG_NR_CPUS=16) ?

Chris Wik chris at anu.net
Thu Jan 24 19:48:47 EST 2013

We have some machines now with 32 cores running Steven's kernel-xen. We allocate 4 cores to dom0, eg. in /etc/grub.conf:

kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=1G dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0_vcpus_pin cpufreq=xen

We have VMs with 16 cores running fine, have not tested any higher numbers...

Chris

Chris Wik
Anu Internet Services Ltd
www.cwik.ch | www.anu.net