[kernel-xen] Updating kernel fails if kernel-xen-3.6.9-3 is installed

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Mon Dec 24 07:53:43 EST 2012

On 22/12/2012 5:11 PM, Steven Haigh wrote:
> 2) I could start picking through various firmware required by newer
> kernels that is not provided by the stock kernel-firmware package.
> This would basically be like building a white list of what I need to
> include. Bug reports would basically be how this list is expanded.

After thinking more about this, I decided to use the method above.

I've built kernel-xen-3.7.1-2 which takes these changes into effect. At
the moment, the only firmware manually copied across from the
linux-firmware git repo is: bnx2/bnx2-mips-06-6.2.3.fw

This is required for the new bnx2 driver in kernel 3.6.8 onwards
including 3.7.1.

If anyone has any reports of missing firmware for their devices, please
let me know the firmware file and I shall add it to the
kernel-xen-firmware package.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au