[MLB-WIRELESS] Help connecting

Daurnimator quae at daurnimator.com
Thu Jul 18 11:56:44 AEST 2019

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 at 19:16, <info at m62.org> wrote:
> > You're going to have trouble getting out of Gembrook unless you're in a high position
>
> Wow, that’s much further out than I expected.
I think Peter confused you with a different recent poster.

> > What's your node id’s
>
> WYT.

Are you actually right there in the city?
What floor/height? In which direction(s) do you have an unobstructed view?

> > Most of the radios are mimo based NOT AC
> >
> > (ie Powerbeam 400 5m)
> >
> > AC is only really good for links with a strong signal (-60 or greater)
>
> I’m still learning the language. I’m reading “the powerbeam is AC and would need a strong signal”
>
> Do you have a suggestion for a mimo based radio?

This was comparing the (newer) Powerbeam 5AC with the older Powerbeam 5m.
The 5AC has newer software and higher maximum speeds, but the older 5m
model can have better signal strength on some frequencies.