[MLB-WIRELESS] Node Database and Wiki housekeeping...

Riley Baird BM-2cVqnDuYbAU5do2DfJTrN7ZbAJ246S4XiX at bitmessage.ch
Tue Nov 10 14:20:26 AEDT 2015

> I'm by no means a coder but I would have thought a simple quick fix would be
> a new "Inactive" node status with a simple bit of code that flags a node as
> inactive after several years of no activity/login/updates on the node
> database.  At the same time an automatic email would go to the owner
> notifying them of this.  This then puts the onus on them to login and and
> update the node status as required.

Good idea. I was thinking, how hard would it be to make it so that
whenever a new node is entered in the database, an automatic email is
sent to all nodes within a reasonable distance of the new node? At the
moment, if one is looking for peers, then one must constantly check the
node listing, which I'm sure many interested people have forgotten to
do.