[MLB-WIRELESS] Hi, new user here! After some help and general information regarding connecting in general & to HVC.

Andrew Holmes neg2led at gmail.com
Sat May 25 13:42:26 EST 2013

Hi guys and presumably gals :)

I'm Andrew Holmes and I just recently found out about Melbourne Wireless. I
did some checking with a topo map and LOS calculator and discovered that I
ought to be able to connect to HVC's East NanoBridge - I was given an
AirGrid-M5HP by a friend and this morning I discovered that I can indeed
make a connection! http://shots.neggl.es/AirGrid-20130514-103217.jpg

So I added a node and you can find me here, at NodeKSN -
http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/maps/view?id=KSN

Anyway, since I took the node offline for a little bit while waiting for an
opportunity to mount it to the antenna pole on my roof, the unsecured
HVC-E.melbournewireless network disappeared... It seemed to come and go a
bit and now I get a different SSID with a different MAC and WPA2 enabled -
http://shots.neggl.es/%5BKSN-AGM5-W%5D-20130525-133531.jpg was my presence
noticed, perhaps?

I did try to get more information before just connecting willy-nilly as
that seemed a bit rude, but the wiki getting started page, while quite
useful, doesn't really explain many specifics :P and having emailed the
listed owner of HVC and been told to speak to Peter I figured i'd just
email the list asking for help :3

Thanks very much,
Andrew