[MLB-WIRELESS] Layar - Viewing nodes with Augmented Reality (AR)

Tyson Clugg tyson at melbournewireless.org.au
Sat Feb 23 12:24:06 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

I've integrated the node data from our website into a service called
"Layar".

Layer uses the sensors in Android or iOS devices to put Melbourne Wireless
nodes (and other things such as nearby public toilets, Wikipedia articles,
etc) over the view seen by the devices camera onto the screen.

You can download the Layar app by scanning the QR code at the end of this
email, or by visiting http://www.layar.com/download or searching for
"Layar" in the App store or Google Play.

Once installed, you can click the placemark icon at the top left of screen
to select geo layers, and then search for "melbourne wireless".  After
selecting which nodes you wish to see (operational/testing/building/etc,
maximum age) you will be presented with the view from your camera with
nodes information overlayed in the appropriate place on screen.

You can tap on a node to bring up a list of actions which are currently:

   - Viewing the node in the maps section of our website
   - Viewing the  node's wiki page
   - Showing the node on a map

If you have any suggestions or issues, let the coders team know via email
to coders at melbournewireless.org.au and we'll try to sort it out.

Cheers,
Tyson.

Melbourne Wireless coders team.

PS: Here's the QR code I promised, it points to
http://www.layar.com/download:

[image: Inline images 1]