[MLB-WIRELESS] Authority to change website question sparked by SSL debate

Mike Everest mw at freenet.net.au
Mon Jul 30 12:07:33 EST 2012

In the past, the way I have obtained authority to do anything is to write this sort of message to the official lists:

"Unless anyone objects, I propose that I will do <statement of intent>"

Then if(/when) someone objects, modify the statement of intent and post again ;-)

Regarding the web site, consensus seems (to me) that it is sensible to redirect only the login page to https - assuming that after logon, ssl continues (I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't) then the job is done.

I suspect that the pages with embedded maps will probably complain about secure+insecure items, but that is not too hard to fix (I suspect)

Cheers!