No subject

Tue Jan 17 15:36:28 EST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: general-bounces at lists.personaltelco.net
[mailto:general-bounces at lists.personaltelco.net] On Behalf Of Don Park
Sent: Tuesday, 18 January 2005 3:15 AM
To: general at lists.personaltelco.net
Subject: [ptp-general] new WRT54G hardware rev 2.2

There is a new hardware rev for the linksys wrt54g series access
point/routers. the wrt54g went from v2.0 to v2.2 and the wrt54gs is now
v1.1. Below is a summary of the hardware differences from "The RoDent"
on the openwrt forums. From what I've read, the ewrt and openwrt images
will not load on the new hardware, but an update is being worked on.

http://openwrt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=809
"I recently received a V2.2 WRT54G and decided to dig around inside it a
bit.

There are a number of differences between the V2.0 and V2.2 hardware. The
following is a (non-exhaustive) list of differences I've been able to
spot.

The v2.2 unit I have doesn't seem to use the ADMTek switch controller. It
has a chip labeled BCM5325EKQM, manufactured by Broadcom instead of the
ADMtek controller.

A single ram chip is now where the normal V2.0 units' dual ram chips used
to sit, labeled "Hynix 432A", so I'm guessing it's a 32Mb chip. (V2.0
units had 2 ram chips afaik)

CPU is the usual BCM4712 (LKFB) but in an extremely TINY form factor. It's
almost half the size of the V2.0 CPU. (The original V2 hardware I have
uses the BCM4712KPB)

The flash chip looks pretty much like the same standard Intel Flash as the
V2.0's have, though I can't be sure of the size.

The pin headers seem basically unchanged, except that they've moved around
on the board and both headers are now next to each other.

There's two extra coils and two extra capacitors, presumably due to
changes required to power the new BCM switch chip.

The WAN Ethernet, and Radio seem unchanged, except that the track layout
is slightly different."

The Personal Telco Project - http://www.personaltelco.net/
Donate to PTP: http://www.personaltelco.net/donate