No subject

Tue Jan 17 15:36:28 EST 2012

I believe that one of the melbourne wireless members was running kismet on
one of his machines, and you could ssh into it, and play with it.  I'm not
sure if that's still going or not.

SStteevvee.

----- Original Message -----
From: Alexander Cohen
To: Melbwireless
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 1:51 PM
Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] General Stumbling Query

Ok just a quick question about 802.11b. I don't know the low level behaviour
of this protocol much so I just want confirmation that to successfully
stumble a network you need traffic going both ways? Ie you can't just
receive packets for netstumbler to pick it up and display its information,
data must be transmitted by the stumbler to the AP (or adhoc nodes) to
request that information?

    --- Alex