No subject

Tue Jan 17 15:36:28 EST 2012

plain text (ie, chances are the people who post to the list are the same
email address they are on the nodedb) you can break it for every email
address.

Looking at nullptr at tasmail.com and qxooswu at wdvpdlo.grp, we see that that f
is in the same position. So we have

wdasmalo.grp

and we think f = c, and will guess that d = a, so we do

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
? ? f ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? o ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Looking at qxooswu at wdvpdlo.grp again, we can map o to l and then we can map
p to m, so we get

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
? ? f ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? o ? ? l ? m ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

we can then take a quick guess that its shifted 4 (a = d, b = e, c = f), so
we end up with

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u w v x y z a b c

and testing the hypothesis, we can see that nullptr at tasmail.com is
equivilant to qxooswu at wdvpdlo.grp and that a break on email address breaks
the obsurity on all email addresses :)

(I'd really like to end this with the latin for "Thus it has been proven",
but I the words escape me. Something ergo or so...)

Sincerely
Andrew Griffiths

P.S I did email someone once or twice about this a while ago, however,
noone replied.