No subject

Tue Jan 17 15:36:28 EST 2012

Recei by clex1.vic.CSIRO.AU with Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19):
	id <GCFY7S8W>; Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:52:07 +1000
From: Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
To: melbwireless at wireless.org.au
Subject: RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] Peddling Snake Oil as Security
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:52:06 +1000
Sender: owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
Call me a FUD pusher if you want, but I still think there needs to be
something to allow a VPN call to traverse multiple cells without dropping
out when the node changes access points.  I get the feeling that a VPN over
IPv6 should alleviate some of these issues because IPv6 having multi-homed
addressing, but I have yet to see evidence of it working yet.

I would be *really* interested in getting a small group together to test
this scenario, perhaps we can do it at a future general meeting:
A roaming node using multi-homed IPv6 to establish and maintain a VPN
connection that stays alive whilst traversing access points.

I'm fairly certain that the company I work for would be willing to supply
resources to help test this scenario, as this is one of the crucial points
we have identified that is holding us back from deploying WiFi across all of
our sites at the moment.

Cheers,
Tyson.