[MLB-WIRELESS] links

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Fri Sep 10 20:54:43 EST 2010

Hi Andrew, all...

Let me know directly when you want to come by.  I'll need the scaffolding to
do some roofing in a couple of weeks, so sometime this month would be good!

Regarding nanobridge mode - it's running in AP/station modes with both ends
set to 'bridge' type.  WDS is no good because you lose half the bandwidth,
but it's the typical method to get an end to end bridge happening.  What I
ended up having to do is still use it in that weird pseudobridge mode, but
only connect it to a single router interface at each end.  Those rudimentary
bridge mechanisms work just fine in that context, and then making a mikrotik
eoip tunnel between the routers allows a nice bridge between the two lans at
each end.

Good result, who cares how it is implemented ;-)

Cheers!