[MLB-WIRELESS] Embedded Wireless Bridge

Shaun Clarke shaun.clarke at elvtechnology.com.au
Thu Nov 18 17:52:37 EST 2010

I have a particular project I'm working on and I was hoping to get some
input regarding wireless bridges.

For this specific project, I have a portable battery powered device which I
need to provide IP connectivity to through the use of a wireless client
bridge.

Specifically, I need this to be as compact, lightweight, efficient and most
importantly as stable as possible. I also need several Ethernet ports so
I'll need an embedded switch as well.

I was looking at the Microtik RouterBOARD systems and was just wondering if
anyone had and feedback on them.

For the same project I also need a solution to transfer RS-232 from a
desktop computer to this portable unit.

I know there are many IP to RS-232 adapters available and I can simply
connect one to the Ethernet port however is there any chance of integrating
this into the client bridge at all?

Regards,

Shaun Clarke CTS
Owner

Mobile: 0405 533 641
Email:  <mailto:shaun.clarke at elvtechnology.com.au>
shaun.clarke at elvtechnology.com.au

ELV Technology
Address: 16 Mulga Place, Carrum Downs VIC 3201, Australia
Web:  <http://www.elvtechnology.com.au> http://www.elvtechnology.com.au