[MLB-WIRELESS] wifi cards for sale

Tim Hogard thogard at abnormal.com
Tue May 11 18:16:53 EST 2010

> Odds are very much ON that several of those channels would be outside =
> the allowed range since they are separated by 5MHz, and there simply =
> isn=E2=80=99t enough width in that 900MHz class license band to fit them =
> all in! ;-)

> In fact many of them will allow you to select below and/or above the =
> legal range.  If the drivers allow you to choose by frequency, at least =
> you have a reasonable chance of avoiding trouble from the ACMA.  =
> Motorolla canopy 900MHz product is notorious for this =E2=80=93 it =
> allows the user to select as low as 908 (from memory) and well inside =
> the Vodafone licensed band.  I know of two wireless ISPs that have been =
> nicked for doing that, and I=E2=80=99m sure they are not alone! ;-)

Speaking of 900 MHz canopy...

Here are pictures of their output:
At 919 MHz:
http://www.abnormal.com/~thogard/canopy/900/919.jpg
and at 922 MHZ:
http://www.abnormal.com/~thogard/canopy/900/922.jpg

Notice how wide the bottom of graph is.  It's not a knife edge
on the frequency it uses.  Every radio does that and 922 MHz can talk
out Voda who are using 914 (because they don't understand guard bands
and they paid a fortune).

Any 900 Mhz radio is likely to cause them grief and they will get the ACMA to
knock on your door and you better have rock solid evidence to show them.

> Cost one of them $15K fine for a second offense =E2=80=93 they could =
> lose their carrier license for a third! :-o

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com