[MLB-WIRELESS] Fwd: Debugging 915mhz weather station?

emdeex emdeex at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 18:12:54 EST 2010

oops must reply to list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: emdeex <emdeex at gmail.com>
Date: 21 March 2010 18:10
Subject: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Debugging 915mhz weather station?
To: mike at viewbankrise.net.au

I've got one of these screwdriver voltage detectors somewhere here... will
that detect the RF output?

It says it detects microwave leakage!?

http://www.generaltools.com/Products/Low-Voltage-Screwdriver-Tester---CLOSEOUT__CT900LOV.aspx

The transmitter is a little sealed box with 2xAA, and inputs for 2xRJ13 type
connectors from the wind/rain instruments.  The instruments themselves have
no batteries.  The transmitter goes under your eaves.  The receiver has the
LCD display and goes on your wall inside the house.  The transmitter box
must have the outside thermometer/barmometer in it as well.

Your supposed to power up the transmitter first, then power up the receiver,
and it should sync in 30 secs, but of course it doesnt...