[MLB-WIRELESS] wiki and spam

Victor dawormie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 00:09:59 EST 2010

Just noticed I only replied to tom before.

My response to the Captcha comments.
----------------
Look at reCaptcha? It's free to use and in my view in all the sites I've
used it on... it's done wonders.

A simple Human Check would be enough to stop any bot signups at a basic
level.

3 questions - 2 of them hold no sway on the end result but need SOMETHING in
them - the third can ask you what the 4th word of the first question was.

That did wonders for ages on a busy forum I ran for a guild for age of conan
for ages, every now and then just change the 'real' answer to ask for
something else.    Perhaps the page title has an extra word in it and users
need to input what that word is.
But still, reCaptcha I find is the best one out there so far.

Victor ('Daworm')
* Melbourne Wireless Node: KDJ & KDT
* Natural Selection 2 Wiki Sysop (http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/)
* AoCWiki Sysop  (http://aoc.wikia.com/)